“Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.”
The Ultimate Guide to LinkedIn for Business –– Ted Prodromou’s book on how to use LinkedIn to grow your business and create more leads.
Your LinkedIn Coach — Visit Ted’s website to learn more about his professional services.
Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill — Ted Prodromou recommends this classic book on cultivating a wealth mindset.
1) Treat people like people on LinkedIn and focus on building relationships.
2) When you have a new contact, follow up with content that’s relevant to that person.
3) Share content on LinkedIn. Short videos have high engagement right now.
**Click the timestamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
[2:36] – How did Ted start his entrepreneurial journey?
- He was in the tech world for the first twenty years of his career.
[6:55] – Was the low point of his career having to reinvent himself?
- Ted has been through three major resets in eighteen years.
[9:29] – What was the biggest lesson he learned during the three resets he had to go through?
- You’ve got to keep learning. Keep your skills sharp.
- Focus on technical skills as well as personal development.
[12:06] – What advice does he have for listeners that are contemplating going out on their own?
- Be ready to do that at any time because companies come and go.
- Always nurture your network. Reach out to friends, colleagues, and co-workers.
[15:07] – What are the services he provides to help the business community?
- He works with small and medium-sized companies.
- He helps them establish their brand on LinkedIn.
[19:06] – What are three ways listeners can grow their business using LinkedIn?
- Be different.
- Have conversations with people on LinkedIn and get to know them.
- Definitely connect with people through your alumni network.
[22:49] – What is being different on LinkedIn?
- Treating people like people.
- Focus on building the relationship.
[25:22] – What’s the second way he suggests listeners can grow their business using LinkedIn?
- Ask people to tell you something interesting about themselves that you wouldn’t know from their LinkedIn profile.
- Follow up with useful content.
[27:57] – What is his response rate when he sends follow up questions?
- 10-20% of the time.
[29:26] – What’s the third way listeners can increase their lead flow using LinkedIn?
- You can share content.
- Short videos are working well.
- You’ve got to grab their attention in the first three seconds.
[32:05] – What are some common mistakes business owners make online?
- Asking for something before you’ve established a relationship.
- Your headline should be who you help and how you help them.
- When you put something online, it needs to be simple and clear.
[36:37] – What size businesses does Ted typically work with?
- He usually works with small companies from 1-20 people in size.
[39:25] – What’s the best way to reach Ted?
- His website
[39:49] – What does Ted do to keep his edge?
- He loves technology and listens to podcasts.
[41:26] – Who has been the most impactful person in his life so far?
- Perry Marshall who taught him Google AdWords and motivated him to write.
[42:15] – How can listeners buy his books?
- Through his website and Amazon.
[42:29] – What is one book or resource Ted recommends?
[43:03] – What does Ted do in his free time?
- He loves to spend time outdoors.
[43:36] – What does financial freedom mean to Ted?
- The feeling that you’ve arrived.
[45:26] – How does Ted want to be remembered?
- As someone who helped a lot of people.
[46:27] – What’s one final tip Ted would give listeners?
- Enjoy the journey and help people every day.